Premium certified blend of five varieties with unique traits that enhance plant population across variable field conditions
- 30% Robust, 30% Haygrazer, 15% Response WT, 15% Rugged ST and 10% Sidewinder.
- Robust - Multi-leaf variety, selected for winter survivability, high forage yield and quality.
- Rugged ST - improved germination under salt stress than conventional varieties.
- Response WT - High production branch root that handles higher moisture.
- HayGrazer - Sunken crown with fiberous root and excellent traffic tolerance.
- Sidewinder - Creeping root with excellent yield and persistence under dryland conditions.
DSV Northstar has carefully selected alfalfa varieties that offer increased performance characteristics under our challenging growing conditions. By combining five elite alfalfas we have increased the overall adaptability without sacrificing yield. Each alfalfa has it’s own unique characteristic. The combination of these variety strengths with similar maturity truly delivers a unique forage growing opportunity for alfalfa growers.
- Contains tap, creeping, branch and fibrous root systems
|Root structure||Creeping, Tap, Branch, Fibrous|
|Fall Dormancy||Mix of 2.0 - 4.0|
|Winterhardiness||Mix of 1.5 - 2.0|